Contact Us!
Military, student, and senior discounts


How do I erase my arrest record?

Posted by Russell Babcock | Mar 19, 2018 | 0 Comments

¿Cómo borro mi registro de arresto?

How do I erase my arrest record?

I am contacted by many clients who have been arrested but who were never charged with a criminal offense. They wish to have their arrest record cleared or erased so that it will not show up in an employment check or during a routine traffic stop. Also, having your arrest record cleared may help for immigration purposes.

There is a procedure for sealing and destroying an arrest record. It is generally a two step process that first involves petitioning the government agency involved in the arrest, and then, if necessary schedule a court hearing. If the petition is granted, the arrest record must be destroyed and taken out of the law enforcement data bases.

It is best to have an attorney handle this procedure since the government almost always opposes this request, and the procedure to have your arrest record destroyed may be difficult. At the Law Office of Russell S. Babcock, we have helped many people clear their arrest records, and we look forward to consulting with you regarding your case.

About the Author

Russell Babcock

Conozca a russell Russell S. Babcock (Founder + Owner) Spanish Speaking Criminal Defense Attorney  (Federal and State Court) The law firm of Russell S. Babcock was formed to provide the highest quality of federal and state criminal defense services at reasonable prices. We are a full service c...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Law Office of Russell Babcock is committed to answering your questions about Border & Immigration Crimes, Federal Crimes, Appeals, Investigations, Drugs & Narcotics, State Crime, Economic Crime, and Homicide law issues in California.

I'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Contact Us

Let us help you with your case!